Ask allows you to write a message/inquiry to another blogger that can be posted to their blog if they choose to reply.
To ask another blogger:
- When viewing someone's blog, simply click on the three horizontal dots on the lower right of your screen
- A menu with seven icons will pop up - click on the question mark icon labeled "Ask"
- Type whatever is on your mind into the message field.
- Click "Send" and your ask will be delivered
To read asks from another blogger:
- When someone sends an ask to you, a green number will appear on your envelope icon (one of the four main homescreen icons), and a green dot will appear on your blog icon
- Clicking on the envelope icon will take you to your Messages page
- On the Messages page, you will see three options - Messages, Ask, and Submit. Ask will show you the number of asks that are waiting for you. Simpy click Ask to look at the list of all of your received asks
- Click Reply next to the ask you received from a blogger to reply to the ask - a pop up will open that is very similar to the post creation form, as when you reply, a post will be created on your blog
There is one field already filled out, four fields to fill out, and four options available to you when replying to an ask, as well two informational items.
There is one field already filled out on your reply form:
The ask from another blogger:
- The ask you are replying to will be posted on your blog along with your response. Make sure the ask is something you feel comfortable posting on your blog
Here are the fields available to you and their description:
- Convey your thoughts and express yourself by writing basically everything you want to say into this field. You can highlight any text while filling in this field and access heading size, bold, italicize, and underline options. You can also create a hyperlink
- Choose tags for your post - these tags are searchable and relevant to your post
Custom URL (coming at a future date):
- Customize your URL
- Enter the source URL
Here are the options available to you and their description:
- See what your reply post will look like before deciding whether to post or save it
Select an appropriate rating:
- Choose the rating of your reply post
- Choose to publish/post now instead of at a later date
Arrow to the right of Post Now:
You have two choices by clicking on the arrow:
- Save as Draft allows you to save your post to further edit it later before actually posting it
- Save to Queue allows you to save your post to queue it up for posting at a future date determined by you
Here are the informational items available to you and their description:
- Warning explains that any illegal content will lead to account termination and the reporting of illegal content to the proper authorities
Learn more about Ratings:
- Clicking on this link takes you to our page explaining the newTumbl ratings system - https://newtumbl.com/ratings
Your reply will be posted along with the ask of the blogger. We want to emphasize that you should make sure you feel comfortable with the ask before you choose to post it with your reply!
Clicking Preview will open a new window with the previewed post. Simply close that window to return to your post.
Your pop-up blocker must be disabled in order to see a preview of your post.
You can delete any ask without replying by simply clicking on the trash icon next to the ask you'd like to delete.
See Your blogs/Blog settings/Communication in our Help Center for detailed information on how to customize who, if anyone, can ask you questions.