Well, formally defined, reblogging is the mechanism in blogging which allows users to repost the content of another user's post with an indication that the source of the post is another user.
Wow, that's very wordy! Basically, when you reblog a post, you're posting content from another blog to your own blog and letting everyone know who you reblogged the post from. Let's say someone has posted the cutest puppy picture in the world. Here at newTumbl, you can reblog their post to your own blog in a quick and easy way.
Here are the steps for you to reblog:
- Find a post on a blog that you'd like to reblog
- At the bottom of the post, you will see seven icons
- Click on the third icon from the left - it looks like two arrows around a rectangle
- When you click this Reblog button, you'll pop up a screen very similar to the screen you see when you start creating a post
There are four fields to fill out and three options available to you when reblogging, as well three informational items.
Here are the fields available to you and their description:
Add your own comment:
- Choose the title of your text post. You can highlight any text while filling in this field and access heading size, bold, italicize, and underline options. You can also create a hyperlink
- Choose tags for your post - these tags are searchable and relevant to your post
Custom URL (coming at a future date):
- Customize your URL
- Enter the source URL
Here are the options available to you and their description:
- See what your text post will look like before deciding whether to post or save it
- Choose to publish/post now instead of at a later date
Arrow to the right of Post Now:
You have two choices by clicking on the arrow:
- Save as Draft allows you to save your post to further edit it later before actually posting it
- Save to Queue allows you to save your post to queue it up for posting at a future date determined by you
Here are the informational items available to you and their description:
Rating of the post:
- The rating of the post you are reblogging is displayed here
- Warning explains that any illegal content will lead to account termination and the reporting of illegal content to the proper authorities
Learn more about Ratings:
- Clicking on this link takes you to our page explaining the newTumbl ratings system - https://newtumbl.com/ratings
If your blog has a lower rating than the post you'd like to reblog, you will not be able to post/reblog that content on your blog. For example, if your blog is rated O, but the post you'd like to reblog is rated M, you'll have to change your blog rating to at least M to reblog the post.
Clicking Preview will open a new window with the previewed post. Simply close that window to return to your post.
Your pop-up blocker must be disabled in order to see a preview of your post.